Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reflections...


Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of recipes lately!  I have a lot to share, but given the hiatus I thought it might be a good opportunity to take a step back and reflect on this blog - where it began and where I think it will be going.

For those of you who may not know, I started The Simply Wholesome Kitchen because motherhood accelerated my path toward wholesome cooking while simultaneously scattering my brain, and I could no longer keep track of my recipes.  The Simply Wholesome Kitchen was born as an online recipe box with the idea that once on the internet, my recipes could no longer get lost or forgotten! 

But those of you who have been unlucky enough to get trapped in a conversation with me know that as much as I love sharing recipes, my true passion is talking about the bigger picture of how these recipes fit into a wholesome lifestyle.  I love learning about ways to live as cleanly as possible, including not only the food I feed my family but the products we use to cook and store food, the personal care products we use on our bodies, the products we use to clean our home, and how we use our dollars to support what we believe in.  What I've learned in the last few years has changed my life in countless ways, and I'd love to share this info with anyone who is interested!

So now seems like a good time for The Simply Wholesome Kitchen to embark on a new adventure, serving as a central location for all of my favorite recipes, but also general info on food, the environment, musings on parenting, book reviews, and whatever else I feel like sharing.  At the same time, hubby has decided that the website is in need of a makeover (I don't disagree!), so look for those changes in the coming months as well.

I hope this is a change that will be interesting to all of you, and I hope you will join the discussion!  I'd like this site to become a place for thoughtful consideration on the best ways to live in, raise families in, and even change this world that has, in my opinion, lost its way in our drive towards efficiency and profits at the expense of simple and wholesome living.

No comments:

Post a Comment